Snow Trails on Downieville, Sierraville, Truckee Districts (Tahoe National Forest)
- Downieville & Sierraville trail map
- Mammoth trail map
- Iron Mountain trail info
- Brockway Summit (North of North Lake Tahoe)
- Donner Summit (Across the I-80 road from Donner Ski Resort)
- Little Truckee Summit (15 miles North of Truckee, just off highway 89)
- Sonora Pass (Go south on highway 395, then east on highway 108 for about 5 miles, until you reach the closed Forest Service gate.)
- Spooner Summit to Kingsbury Grade (south side of Spooner Summit. Spooner Summit is 11 mile west of highway 395 in Carson City and 12 miles east of S. Lake Tahoe on highway 50).
- Tahoe Meadows (1 mile from Mt.Rose Summit, off highway 431, and 7 miles from Incline Village.
Bear Valley Trail System
- Bear Valley Village map: http://www.bvsnowmobile.com/files/Village_Map.jpg
- Alpine Trail map: http://www.bvsnowmobile.com/files/Alpine_Map.jpg
- Spicer Trail map: http://www.bvsnowmobile.com/files/Spicer_Map.JPG
- Ebbetts Pass Area – Highway 4 – Bear Valley-Winter Recreation Guide
- Jonesville Snowmobile Area of the Lassen National Forest – several maps
Sno-park sites around Lake Tahoe, CA/NV
- Yuba Pass south side of Highway 49, at Yuba Pass, in Sierra County. Snowmobile trails both north and south side of highway. Call USFS (530) 994-3401.
- Blackwood Canyon west side of Highway 89, three miles south of Tahoe City, in Placer County. Snowmobile trails. Call USFS (530) 573-2600.
- Taylor Creek west side of Highway 89, just north of Camp Richardson, in El Dorado County. Limited snowmobiling and snow playing. Call USFS (530) 573-2600.
- Hope Valley — Blue Lakes south side of Highway 88 at Blue Lakes Road, 5 miles east of Carson Pass and two miles west of Picketts Junction (Hwys 88 and 89), in Alpine County. Snowmobile trails and limited snow play. Overnight parking limited. Call USFS (775) 884-8101.
- Iron Mountain north side of Highway 88, 40 miles east of Jackson at the Mormon-Emigrant Trail
Road, in El Dorado County. Extensive snowmobile trails. Call USFS (209) 295-4251.
- Lake Alpine at winter closure gate on Highway 4, just past turn off to Mt. Reba Ski Area, in Alpine County. SNO-PARK site is about 55 miles east of Angels Camp. Snowmobiling trails and snow play areas. Call USFS (209) 795-1381.
- Spicer south side of Highway 4 at Spicer Road, about 45 miles east of Angels Camp, in Calaveras County. Snowmobile trails and snow play areas. Call USFS (209) 795-1381.
- Sonora Pass, Highway 108 at winter closure gate on Highway 108, six miles east of Strawberry, in Tuolumne County. Snowmobile trails and limited snow play. Limited overnight parking. Call USFS (209) 965-3434.
MapS of Trail Heads
One of the easiest ways to see a map of the above trail heads is to go to: www.Maps.Google.com. Then type in the name of the trail head you want to find into the search field. Hit enter and you can view the trail head by Map, by Satellite, by Terrain and get the directions to that trail head from your home.